Sunday, May 10, 2009

Two Wild and Crazy Guys




What happens when you turn two of the most eligible bachelors dressed in classy attire loose on the fourth Largest city in America? You get tonight, the Memorial Hermann Foundation Gala. An event that raised over $2.3 million for their Children's Hospital. There was plenty of dancing and singing, and might not a bad meal of veal.




This night wrapped up Flat and I's weekend in Houston for now we must depart for India. We will be departing at 6:50 tomorrow night and will not stop until we reach Dubai. Then a quick layover and its off to Ahmadabad for a 3:05a.m. arrival on Tuesday (local time of course, which this blog is published in). The work begins then so stay tuned as Flat and I begin our adventure in India

2 comments:

  1. Is that a Clinton School pin on Flat Stanley?!? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh D Stokes,
    I am Robbie from Houston TX. I met your mom at the museum. I learnt a lot from your mom and others at the museum. Your mom talked about your trip to India. I am very proud and happy that you serve my country people and make their lives better. I can see the happiness in your mom's face when she talks about you. I remembered my mom when I was talking to her. All moms are same. Like all moms, your mom is really proud of you. I don’t want to make you home sick but I know that she misses you a lot. Actually I wish to send you some pictures as a token of thanks to you for the help you are rendering to my mother country. I will see how I can make your stay in India more happier and memorable. I know that you are already enjoying the Southern hospitality in India too. For most Indians, as per the scriptures, a guest like you is GOD. It sounds funny but true. We are told to respect mother, father, teacher, and guest as GOD. In fact we are told to treat all CREATION of GOD as GOD. It may sound strange but true. Even a book, a pen, a pencil, a tree, a cow, a stone and anything and everything UNDER SUN is considered as GOD. Let me contact my friends in India to see what I can do. Some of my friends work for multi-national NGOs. I feel really happy that you are helping India and I want to make your stay more happier and more educative. Basically I wish to add vallue to what you are already enjoying. Hope I will be able to make it. Please take my contact details from your mom and keep in touch with me. Love Robbie

    ReplyDelete