Monday, May 11, 2009

The Longest Plane Ride Ever







Today my trek to India began. At 6:50p.m. local time I departed Houston, TX. I have never flown internationally so this was one heck of a way to start. 15 hour plane ride and all the movies one could ever watch. There was also a sheet all passengers had to fill out about H1N1 and since I am not in quarantine I am assuming I am good to go. However I do not know if it was the plane ride or the movies actually were just that bad. Quick recap:

"W."-Bad

"The Wrestler"- Worst movie of the trip

"Yes Man"- Eh

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"- Not to shabby

"Paul Blart: Mall Cop": For the 30 seconds I watched it, No.


In the meantime I as well as Flat Stanley noticed that there was a flight track to show where we were currently located. At one point we were flying between Tehran and Baghdad. Kind of wierd to be flying 40,000 feet above an area that we here so much about.

Finally I have arrived at my layover in Dubai (daily prayer has just started). Local time is 8:27p.m. Speaking of prayer there is a difference here in the airport between the guy symbol on the door with a crown and the guy symbol with on the door with no crown. One is the bathroom the other is a prayer room. I do not know who was more stunned when I figured that one out.
Under two hours till boarding, a 3 hour flight and I am in my final destination. Talk to y'all soon.










1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to Dubai safe! That airport looks insane. Good luck with the rest of your flight!

    -John aka juande

    ReplyDelete