Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Fool In the Rain

Continuing with my Classic Rock themed titles I thought I would share a little introspection I had today with you all. Can you imagine going 6 and a half months without seeing a drop of the wet stuff. I know in Arkansas that would be impossible. But today when I was walking home from my workout it began to rain, on June 18, for the first time this year. People's livelihood depends on this rain that only comes once a year and stays just a short while. Tough to imagine driving over the I-30 bridge in Little Rock and seeing the Arkansas River completely dried up but this is the reality that people are faced with everyday here.
This is a river one month out of the year.

So while I enjoyed the Led Zeppelin playing in my head while walking home I also realized that this rain was serious business.

No comments:

Post a Comment