Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Big Thank You

I would like to thank everyone who donated to my project throughout the recent months and all those who will give. I am pleased to announce that we have received the funds here in Ahmedabad for the first part of my project, the Khod water tank. This 100,000 liter water tank provides water for the entire village including drinking, bathing, and sanitary water. The tank recently became unsanitary as massive cracks that had, developed comprimising the quality of the water. Women and young girls were having to walk two hours every two hours to fetch water for their family and their basic needs.
Because of your support Women are now able to have jobs bringing in more income to the household and young girls can now have a chance at an education. I thank you and the people of Khod thank you. But there is much work yet to be done. To find out more about my project and the great work that 1Well does please go to http://www.1well.org/ or click the link at the top left of the menu bar on this blog. Here are some pictures of Khod and what you have helped to fix.



Notice the animals bathing literally 25 feet from the drinking water supply. I assure there was no shortage of flys either.

No comments:

Post a Comment